Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where have you been?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Where have you been? Current mood: contemplative Category: Life


So there have been times that I look at my life and wonder....where have I been?
Now this can go two ways...where have I traveled/lived or it can even mean where has my inner self been.
Until the last couple of years I was in touch with a friend from high school who has never left Rock Springs. She has lived there all her life and is ok with that. I feel sorry for her. There is sooo much life out there to be experienced!
Ok...don't get me wrong...I live in boring Casper Wyoming and haven't managed to get that far away from Rock Springs. I did however. I lived in Alexandria, Virginia while Dan was stationed in Washington D.C. I remember how afraid I was. Wyoming and Washington D.C. are worlds apart! It was an exciting adventure...riding the subway, visiting the monuments, the museums...oh and of course the malls...lol
And then when Dan was transfered to Southern California, we made the journey across country by moving truck. Now there is some real adventure to be had!
Living in Oceanside was wonderful. California is beautiful. It was amazing to be able to see the ocean everyday for 5 years. Some of my favorite pictures of myself are the ones Dan took of me the very first time I had ever been to the beach.
We made wonderful memories in California. We survived a few tradgedies as well. All of which has made us better people and who we are today.
The move back to Wyoming was a very difficult move. Not withstanding the fact that I was 8 months pregnant because that is difficult enough without moving a 1000 miles. It was also a difficult move because I gave up alot of my independence to be here. My parents live close enough to visit sometimes to often. I see family of some sort everyday. Not that that is a bad thing. It was just a huge change from being completely away from family.
I have always heard that people usually die within a few miles of where they were born. Well how fortunate for me to be here in Casper...where I was born all those years ago.
After growing up in Wyoming and never living any where else until I got married. I say thanks to Dan for exposing me to the great big world out there. I still want to go to Hawaii... I mean after all he has been there twice without me. And perhaps Thailand...Dan wants to take me there as well...he said it was beautiful. Of course that was before the tsunami.
So most importantly I have expanded my horizons and tried new things and been new places.
Now is the season of my life that I am settling in to be content raising our girls and giving them a good start in life. I am however looking forward to the time when Dan and I are free again to travel and do the things we have on our list still waiting to be checked off in our life adventure.

1 comments:

Living in oblivion said...

I can't wait to hear about the adventures you are going to take someday!!!