Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Over 2000 miles and 4000 dollars Current mood: calm Category: Life
That's what it takes to travel to Southern California with 6 people. I am glad to be home but vacation was alot of fun and a good stress reliever for our family.
Disneyland was a blast. We rode absolutely every ride at least once and some two or three times. The lines were practically non-existant. It was a fun 3 days spent there. The girls had a ball and it was nice to see everyone getting along.
We also visited the San Diego Zoo. Also a fun day. We saw lots of cool animals.
We were able to go to the beach three times. Dan and Shelbylyn got pretty good at boogie boarding. The girls built a nice sand castle with a huge mote. They kept trying to fill it with water. I finally had mercy on them and told them that no matter how much water they hauled it would just soak down into the sand.
We enjoyed visiting with family and friends. We were also able to show Shelbylyn the hospital she was born in and where we live when she was a baby. We also went by a few other Slattery "landmarks" but I want to keep those memories close. There were a few days when it very overwhelming with all the memeories being there.
Oceanside has changed alot. Hill street looks totally different, and is now called Coast Hwy. It was so strange to see a huge movie complex where there used to be sort of a park close to the beach. Dan got a cheap military haircut. The first officall haircut he has had in awhile, but his hair grows so fast he has had to cut it in the few days we have been home.
I am feeling the exhaustion of being gone so long. Dan and I had to jump right back into normal life on Monday. I could take a nap everyday!
Life is good!
Catching Up but not Catching Many ZZZZ's
6 years ago

1 comments:
That was sooo fun when we all lived there! Those are some of my favorite memories!! Never forget the bleach incident in the bathroom! That is a blog!!! LOL
Post a Comment