Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Getting back to normal Current mood: calm Category: Life
It has now been 13 days since the "incident". Time definately slowed down for awhile, but much to my relief it is coming back up to speed.
Dan returned to work last night for his regularly scheduled shift of 3 pm to 1 am. Then he will be on 5 to 3's for the next three nights. There was some apprehension as he had to go to the range and qualify with the deptment weapon as his is still evidence. He made it through with flying colors and his LT. was surprised to hear from him that he was nervous about it.
Thankfully he had alot of paperwork on his desk that he had to plow through. I was a little surprised that the other guys who were working comped out and went home early and left Dan there by himself. I guess that shows their confindence in him and that they know he is alright.
It was nice to have cell phones last night. I spoke to him 5 times. I did eventually fall asleep because I have a day job. I wasn't even worried about him coming home because I didn't even wake up when he came in.
I think I want to go to some of the trials. Especially for the 29 year old, the 19 year old and perhaps the 15 year old. Ironically I am in the six month long jury pool right now. I have yet to be called and have this feeling that when I do get called it will be for one of these and will of course be released right away...darn.
Time heals all things. I'm just glad other people see Dan as the hero that he always has been to me.
Catching Up but not Catching Many ZZZZ's
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment