Sunday, March 15, 2009

The New House

Saturday, September 16, 2006
The New House Current mood: restless Category: Life


Ok so we have been in the new house for six weeks now. I still miss the old house! I loved our neighbors...not that we're not still friends but it's different when you just can't walk over and visit.
I still have trouble sleeping here. I wander around at night making sure all three doors are locked. It is amazing how 1000 square feet really makes a difference.
I always thought that when we bought the first house we would live there forever. That it would be the house the kids would bring their families home to for holidays.
So I have been having so many mixed emotions about the move. It was exciting house hunting. It was aggravating selling the old house...I have four kids...keeping it clean so they could show it was a nightmare I'm still not over. Moving was painful...as most of you know I broke my arm six days before closing...watch out for those chairs...they are very dangerous. Allthough I did get to be the supervisor and watch other people pack and move my stuff. Closing was sad...I was so irratated at the new owners of our old house...it is their first home and she was so excited I just wanted to scream. It still weirds me out that someone else lives in MY HOUSE! We closed on the old house first and then went over to our bank to close on the new house. So in the suburban I am crying all the way to the bank because someone else owns my house now. Closing on the new house was fast and our realitors husband bought me a step ladder as closing present...chairs are dangerous...use with caution..It actually was funny that he thought of it. Good present...I have used it alot..lol
Ok so here we are rambling around in a 3000 square foot house and it feels so empty! The girls go down stairs to watch tv or make a mess of their rooms and they might as well be California. Shelbylyn even said to me one day.."Mom I love this new house...but it's hard to find people in it." That is one of the reasons Dan loves this house...all the space...and the fact that he has his own bathroom. Well I guess he shares with me...but at least the little girls don't try and walk in on him anymore.
One of the other reasons this house seems so strange and not mine is that EVERY room is white. I grew up in apartments, trailers ect and always had white or paneling and always said once I had my own place I would have color. We almost had to give a paint allowance on the last house we had so much color. Luckily the family that bought it had 6 girls so they loved the bedrooms. So your saying paint! Well I would if I hadn't broken my arm and had surgery! duh. This is the most I have used the computer lately because have you ever tried to use a mouse with your left hand...and as it is my right arm is starting to ache tonight.
Ok enough rambling I guess...I am off to bed and my smutty romance novel because police man Dan is working nights..as usual!

1 comments:

Living in oblivion said...

You are too funny!!! I'm wondering if i will ever have a house?! LOL! Okinawa is the longest place i have ever lived in my life!! ha!