Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Compassionate Service

So at this point in my life I would definitely list being the compassionate service coordinator as my hardest calling to date.  Along with that I am also the Relief Society Secretary. 

I have been doing both of these callings for over a year now.  Amazing to think of it in the realm of time, because it still seems like we just moved to Las Vegas. 

It seems as though this calling goes through cycles of all time consuming to having little to nothing to do.  I am slowly learning to give of my time without thinking about it.  However I have grumbled quiet a bit especially over the last four months.

I have learned that just the kindness of a simple phone call is sometimes all that is needed to help a Sister feel alright again and pick herself up and trudge on.

So aside from learning that serving others is a good way to be close to my Heavenly Father.  I have learned that my trials, even the worst of the worst that Dan & I have endured are way better than some of the trials of those around me.

Recently in Relief Society a Sister shared that if we all took a shoe off and put them in a pile, and then had to pick one we would all pick our own again.  She was relating this to trials and it makes perfect sense to me.

So everyday I try to put a smile on my face when my cell phone chimes in the wee hours of the morning or the late night hours, because I will endure this calling and do the best I can to learn from it as well.

0 comments: