Thursday, May 23, 2013

Orchestra

I was trying to remember how  old Renae was when she started telling us she wanted to play the violin.  I think she must have been 8 or 9.  So of course we bought her a violin for her 10th birthday. 
 
 
 
Now here she is 12 playing in a real live concert.  Dan and I were remembering how 6th grade band concerts had gone with Shelbylyn & Delanie. Painful is the word we both came up with.   In Wyoming when they learned to play their instruments of choice they only had band twice a week,  thus the concert was very painful.  Here in Las Vegas 6th grade is in middle school, so Renae has orchestra everyday.  Man alive what a difference that makes!  Dan & I really enjoyed the concert last night.  We didn't hear any squeaks, squeals or other ear splitting noises.  We enjoyed the music selections and it was really quite beautiful.


I am pleased as punch that Renae has chosen to play such a beautiful instrument and is continuing to grow and learn new skills.   We are so proud of her.

0 comments: