Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tender feelings

Today was a really hard day at church.  Today I was having a conversation with a Sister that I am doing a favor for.  Another Sister joined our conversation and began to quickly question the directions that I was providing to the original Sister.  I tried to assert myself several times that I was pretty sure the directions I had provided were correct.  The Sister who was questioning my directions got very mean and told me that she had been to the location I was describing a lot more times in her life than I had since I was new to Las Vegas, and she knew that the directions I had given were not correct.  At that point I was so close to tears.  I was ready to go home, but had responsibilities in Relief Society.  How I wish I had been able to go home at that point.  I wish I had tougher feelings.  I just don't understand how some people can be so mean with their words.


So what I hope is the end of this story, is the fact that the Sister who thought she was right, went and asked her husband about the directions I had provided.  Apparently her husband agreed with me and said that I was correct.  This Sister did approach me after church and told me that I had been correct.  So I guess that means I have to be forgiving.  I am not sure I am really ready to do that at this moment in time.  Words hurt and sometimes the sting is hard to erase even with an apology.

Unfortunately I now see this Sister in a whole different light.

0 comments: