Monday, September 16, 2013

Changes

Changes, so many changes!
On August 11th  our Stake went through ward boundary changes.  Our stake now has 10 wards.  Three wards were not affected at all, three wards only lost members, two new wards were created and two wards both lost and gained families.  Our ward was one of the lost and gained wards.  We gained far more than we lost.  It is so nice to attend sacrament meeting and have the chapel be full.  Along with the boundary changes, the Rainbow Crest ward was also moved to the Red Coach building instead of attending at the stake center.  We also moved from 11 am to the 1pm slot.  This is a huge change for us as our family has been attending church at 11 am for 3 years in a row.  It will only last for 4 months and in January we will most likely move to the 9 am session.

Yesterday I was released as the Relief Society Secretary  and the Compassionate Service Coordinator.  In exchange I was called as the visiting teaching coordinator.  Ironically no one was called as the new compassionate  coordinator, so what does that mean?  Does it mean until they do the responsibility falls to the Relief Society President?  I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about this new calling.  I am not sure why when you are released from callings, it feels like you have been fired from a job.  At least that is how I feel.

Yesterday the Stake Presidency was also in attendance for sacrament meeting.  President Richards shared that more  change was in our future.  Dan started giving me funny looks from the stand and I wondered if he was being released.  Nope that wasn't it.  President Richards went on to talk about the name of our ward and how time had been spent trying to come up with a new name for our ward.  He talked about neighborhood names, streets, and finally he spoke about the area that encompasses our ward and that in the early development of Las Vegas this area was a ranch.  Specifically a ranch belonging to the Taylor family.  So with the approval and permission from the First Presidency our ward will now be known as the Taylor Ranch Ward.  As a convert I didn't even know this was possible, to change the name of a ward.  Has anyone else ever heard of this happening?  When I talked to Dan after church, I asked him if he knew this was happening and he told me the Bishopric found out only a few hours before sacrament meeting.


1 comments:

Julie said...

I have never heard of them change a ward's name! And you feel like you're being fired!? I feel like I am free! Haha. Plus, you were the best compassionate service leader ever! You should feel relieved...well...maybe relieved when they call someone so you dont have to do double duty!