I have been wondering this after spending way more hours than I should on Facebook this week. I saw so many posts about various things in the lives of people I know. On a quick sidebar, do you "know" all the people you are friends with on Facebook? I can say that I do and can tell you how I know them. That being said I am not afraid to unfriend someone should I feel like it. As a matter of fact I unfriended 2 people in the past month. I am tempted to unfriend a few more.
I haven't had any witty, cute or even informational updates to post. I have mainly been feeling not nice, judgmental, and very opinionated. Normal for me you say. Probably. It's true a flaw in myself that I know is there, but I hold onto.
I am sad that it seems that everyone had a bad week. Jobs lost, family disappointments, funerals to attend, broken cars. You name it, I probably saw it on Facebook. It was less than a good week here as well. I have just chosen to not post it on Facebook. I have heard several times that we shouldn't speak badly about our spouse and children in front of other people. I usually tend to share those harsh words between me and my bestie. Although she may be having a worse August than me. We take turn in our misery.
I will just say that I had a jump off the high dive into my shallow depression wallow this week. I voiced to that certain someone how I unfortunately still felt some anger, disappointment and frustration about the whole move to Las Vegas. I am still feeling the sting of not being able to start college tomorrow.
So what did I do when I was feeling especially harsh and angry this week. I dusted off my scriptures and tried to catch up on my reading. Helaman is where I am at in my yearly read the Book of Mormon endeavor. I enjoy Helaman a lot more than Alma for sure. A lot less killing, arm chopping off, and all that blood and gore that goes with war. Helaman is where the prophets speak of the birth of Christ and his visit to the Americas.
And really isn't that what it's all about. CHRIST. If I spent more time in my scriptures and less time on Facebook perhaps my attitude about the world and the people around me would be much different. Surprisingly on Facebook this morning I saw this saying:
I just thought that this is so true. That if everyone spent more times on their scriptures then there would be more peace and happiness. So I have been thinking about disconnecting from Facebook for awhile. I will seriously have to start small. Like one day at a time small. Honestly tomorrow is out because it is the first day of school and I always post pictures for my Mom to see. So I am thinking that Tuesday will be my first no Facebook day.
I'll keep you posted. I would like to work up to spending more time reading my scriptures and less time on Facebook.


0 comments:
Post a Comment