We have had an honest to goodness winter here in good ol' Wyoming this year. Frequent snow storms and winds to beat all. So for the most part out door activities are limited especially due to the wind.
Well for a brief and I do mean brief two days the weather was beautiful and the driveway was dry and clear. So the the girls got their bikes out and were able to work off some pent up energy outside. For anyone who hasn't been to our house our driveway is huge and yes Dan your welcome for the snow blower...anyway I digress.
So Courtney had also broke out the sidewalk chalk and they had drawn a road on the driveway...basically two lanes with arrows, one pointing one direction and the other "lane" with an arrow pointing the other.
So I am inside doing whatever it was that I was doing when I hear Dan pull into the garage and then go out to talk to the girls. Pretty soon I hear him laughing the pure sunshine in your body laugh that is contagious without even knowing why laugh.
So Dan comes in the house and explains the conversation that had just happened outside...it went something like this:
Renae & Courtney: "Hi Daddy...wanna watch us play cops?'
Dan: Sure
Renae: Ok I gotta get my bike set up over here by the camper. (she is still riding and lines up near the hitch of the trailer)
Courtney: Ok now I have to come around back here (meaning around the back of the camper).
So at this point Courtney starts to ride back around the camper and Dan says
Dan: Ok Renae looks like a speeder is coming....are you running radar?
To which Renae responds.......
NOPE I'M EATING DONUTS!
I am truly sorry that I missed that in person, but I still giggle about it even just hearing the story so I thought I would share it with you as well.
Catching Up but not Catching Many ZZZZ's
6 years ago

3 comments:
LOL! That is priceless! And it's only so funny because it came out of the mouth of a cop's kid!
That is sooo funny!!! Love it! Thanks for posting!! But, now I want a doughnut!!!! LOL
Oh wow, that is just too funny!! Literally an LOL funny!!! Thank you for sharing this. It has just made my day and made me miss your girls even more than I already do :o) Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment