Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Necessary Evil


So a necessary evil of my job is that I get P.O.S.T. certified through the state of Wyoming.  POST stand for Peace Officer something something.  Anyway your department is required by law to get you certified within the first two years of employment...so here I am 23 months into my career and still not certified.  Well it won't be much longer.  I am offically away at school, in the big town of Douglas,Wyoming.  It is the home of the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy.  Don't ask my why they put it here it makes no sense to me...it's barely and I do mean barely bigger than a one stop light town.  They have a Pamida and a Family Dollar.  If you don't know what those are...google them to find out.  It's a real treat!  To give Douglas some credit they do have quite a few fast food resturants and after the cafeteria food from tonights dinner, McDonald's is looking mighty appealing.  I have nine days of class to endure.  I have managed to stay awake for 2 days only 7 to go.  I would have to say that it is like being in high school and being sent back to elementary school.  The academy also provides fine accomedations as well.  Styled after college dorm rooms and absolutely no bigger my room has two twin beds (although I think they could actually be smaller), two desks and two closets and a bathroom.  The furniture is straight out of the 70's orange!  I was lucky enough to get a roommate from my department, so at least I am not sharing space with a complete stranger...just a sort of stranger.  So far it's been an ok experience.  The nights tend to go by kind of slow because there is nothing to do here, hence the oppurtunity to blog!  One of these pictures will now forever line the halls of the Academy here in Douglas.  Which is actually pretty cool because not only will I hang on the walls, but Dan has his picture here twice (once for peace officer basic and once for detention basic), and my Grandpa Joe is also on the wall here. 

1 comments:

Living in oblivion said...

Yay! I am caught up with you guys again! Shelby looked smashing! Love the dress! Where did the little toddler go? LOL