So I am about to embark on a new chapter in my life. On Monday May 19th I will be starting a new job as a dispatcher. I will work for technically the City of Casper, however the dispatch center is a combined effort for all agencies in Natrona County. To include, Casper, Mills and Evansville Police Deptments and the Natrona County Sheriff's Office.
I am very excited about this new adventure. It has been a long time since I have worked outside the home and I know that certain challenges will come of that. It is hard to believe that Courtney will be in kindergarten by August, so I would have had alot of time on my hands anyway. I am truely ready to be done with daycare. Friday of this week is my last day. YEAH!
This job presents many new experiences that I have not had the oppurtunity to experience as of yet. The main concern...shift work! I am scheduled to work just 3 12 hour day shifts and then the following week I switch to nights. The shifts are 6 am -6 pm or vice versa 6pm- 6am. So can I stay up all night long?! I will be on the night shift for at least 5 weeks and then we will see. I also know that this job will have alot of things to learn and remember. Feels like I am going back to school.
I am excited!
Catching Up but not Catching Many ZZZZ's
6 years ago

1 comments:
Again, Congrats on the new job!! Yeah, let me know how that night shift goes!! haha I can only imagine that by 9pm I'd be knocked out cold in my chair! I'm sure you'll do great in adjusting to your schedule. You're strong and can power through anything! Jill
Post a Comment