I am so proud of my Shelbylyn! Two years ago when we moved to Las Vegas she only had a handful of Personal Progress experiences and not a single project done. I hate to say it but it just wasn't a priority in our Ward in Casper, and not that it's an excuse but as her convert Mom, I didn't have a testimony of the program.
Well all that changed with our move to Las Vegas! She has had amazing YW leaders since being here. Personal Progress is important! They pushed her, gave her ideas and even made her a chart of things she needed to finish that she checked off each day as she accomplished stuff.
Her final goal was to be finished by the end of February. She was about halfway through reading the Book of Mormon at the beginning of the month. So she figured out how many chapters she had left to read and divided by 28. She spent a lot of time reading in February but she did it and finished on the 28th, just like she had planned.
I am so proud of her and see so many good changes that occurred due to her working on and finishing her Personal Progress. It was a happy Mom heart moment when I was able to put her medallion around her neck!
Catching Up but not Catching Many ZZZZ's
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment