Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dear Nerves in My Face

I am beginning to feel like my Bells Palsy will never completely go away.   I have still not had a single day without some sort of symptom.  At this point no one can tell that I have bells palsy unless they happen to catch my face twitching.  And some days it seems as if it is constantly twitching.  I could deal with that if it wasn't so dang painful.  I try and hold my lips when they start twitching because my face gets so tight and the "electric" feeling is very strong.  When my eye starts going I just try and close my eyes, which isn't always convenient, I am sure the people I'm driving next to on occasion would appreciate if I kept my eyes open.  Another symptom that has developed is that my eyes water like crazy!  I now have tissue with me at all times, because when they start watering it is like the flood gates have opened.  Super weird!  I keep trying to remind myself that this affliction is not life threatening, just an annoyance.


0 comments: