Goodness! Time has certainly past without me adding a blog post. I am glad that I do have my handwritten journal however. So many things have happened since my last entry in October of 2011...and the things that I blogged about didn't come to pass as I had written. So in the short amount of time that I have to type this morning I will try and bring this blog back up to speed.
The original deal on 6712 Fruit Flower ended up getting canceled to due our realtor and the financial institution. The Kerry house sold without a hitch and the girls and I moved all of our belongings into storage, and moved ourselves into my Grandma Frances's house. It was crowded having six people, a dog and a cat in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house. We lived there from October until December 2011.
Dan continued to work in Las Vegas and spent hours after work and on weekends trying to find us a home. He flew home to Casper for a long weekend and we made the decision to re offer for the 6712 Fruit Flower house. Things went much easier this time. We officially closed on the house on December 13, 2011. Dan bought all new appliances which were delivered on December 23,2011. The driver of the delivery truck ripped the front end off the Honda, turns out that that delivery driver is uninsured. State Farm is still trying to recover the money for us.
The girls finished school in Wyoming on December 23rd. We celebrated Christmas in Wyoming. Dan flew home to Wyoming on December 28th. We loaded the moving truck on December 29th and left for Las Vegas on December 30th. It took us 15 hours to drive from Casper to Las Vegas. It was a very long day. The night of the 29th I had the stomach flu and had been up all night. I can only say that I am thankful for the blessing I received from Brother Howard Hein. It really got me through. We arrived in Las Vegas around midnight and then of course the girls were wide awake and ran through the house like crazies for at least an hour.
The next morning we along with the help of several families from our new ward (Rainbow Crest) unloaded the moving truck into the house. Members of the Elders Quorum even helped put beds together. It was an exhausting New Years Eve. Shelbylyn went to the Stake dance that night and Delanie went to the YW presidents house for a game night. So going to bed early was not an option.
We got up the next morning and went to church. Everyone seems excited that our family has moved into the ward. Shelbylyn and Delanie have now been called as the secretaries of the Laurel and Beehive classes respectively. I was recently called to be the Compassionate Service Coordinator. I have also been spending lots of time indexing names on the Family Search website.
Dan has spent the last 6 weeks in Carson City doing training. So that actually wrapped up on March 23, 2012. Today he left here in full uniform but with no idea what will be going on today.
The girls have been in school here in Las Vegas for around 2 months now. Their grades are fair, as all of them are struggling in one area or another. I am hoping that next year will be so much better.
All the boxes have been unpacked and the house has been decorated. There are still several projects that are on the list that we would like to do. Several windows need screens, 2 more exterior doors need painting, yard work. Things that will just take time but will get done eventually.
So in a small nut shell that brings us up to the current date and time. Perhaps I will be better about blogging....who knows.
Catching Up but not Catching Many ZZZZ's
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment