Well now that two of my friends and fellow bloggers have done blogs about the past decade I guess I should get mine done.
In 2000 Dan worked for the Natrona County Sheriff’s Department. Shelbylyn went to Prince of Peace Preschool. And the most important thing of the year was our family being blessed with Renae Danielle in October.
2001 was not all that exciting. Chewy the dog joined our family. We took a trip to Washington and Oregon to visit Dan’s family. Shelbylyn started kindergarten.
2002 was even less exciting! In the fall Shelbylyn started first grade. I was watching a few extra little people for a little extra cash. I was also serving as Enrichment Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency.
In 2003 we welcomed Courtney Rae to our family in May. Dan started working for Evansville Police Department, and graduated with his Peace Officer Basic from the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy. Delanie started kindergarten. Daniel’s grandma Lybbert passed away in October. Shelbylyn was baptized in December.
2004 We remodeled our upstairs bathroom, after I fell through the floor, due to shoddy work by the previous owners. Daniel’s grandma Marsh past away in February. I had my gallbladder removed and spent a week in the hospital with jaundice. The very next day after my mom left after taking care of us, Delanie broke out with chicken pox. Renae and Courtney followed suit shortly after. Dan started working for the Mills Police Department.
2005 Dan broke his ankle after falling asleep kneeling next to Courtney’s bed. You should be careful when standing on your legs when they are asleep. I continued to baby sit, Dan worked as a cop. Shelbylyn was in third grade and Delanie in first grade. We remodeled our kitchen.
2006 Courtney broke her arm when she fell off the swing in the backyard. Dan was serving as the Ward Mission Leader. Shelblylyn broke both of her arms at a end of the year school activity. We sold our house and bought a new one. I broke the radial head in my right arm a week before we moved, I now have permanent hardware to always remember that move. Delanie was baptized in August. Renae started kindergarten. Delanie broke her arm at recess in October. And Dan was in a gun battle with armed robbers in November. Thankfully only his patrol car and the bad guys suffered and gun shot wounds. We were pretty grateful when 2006 ended.
2007 We took a fabulous 21 day vacation to southern California to visit Disneyland and family. I was called as the ward Primary President. Dan became a Drug Recognition Expert. The girls went to school.
2008 Dan and I took a week long vacation without kids to Disneyworld to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Shelbylyn won the Jaguar Pride Award for being an outstanding student in 6th grade. Renae was baptized in October. In the fall Shelbylyn started junior high, Delanie 5th grade, Renae 2nd grade and Courtney, kindergarten. All the girls in school all day! In May I went back to work full time as a 911 dispatcher.
2009 Dan blew out his bicep at work helping a stuck motorist and spent 6 months on workers comp. Dan also managed to become a Drug Recognition Expert Instructor. Delanie was selected to attend Key Camp, which we affectionately dubbed “Nerd Camp”. I lost 40 pounds. Courtney was the cutest 1st grade mouse in her school program. Renae was the only girl on her co-ed indoor soccer team.
Catching Up but not Catching Many ZZZZ's
6 years ago

2 comments:
Loved the recap, Minetta. Ten years doesn't seem that long...until you look at how much happens and how much kids grow during that time. Hope your next decade is fabulous!
I feel like i read all those thngs recently in a newsletter! Does it really have to go by that fast?!!! UHG! Congrats on the 40 pounds!!! YIPEEEEE!!!!! Hope the next decade has less broken bones for ya'all!!! LOL Love you!!!
Post a Comment