Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shhh...Don't tell Shelbylyn...

Don't tell Shelblyn but I just purchased movie tickets for Friday night for us to go see Twilight. She being "almost 13" thinks she may die if she doesn't she see it ON Friday.
I had been contemplating whether or not to let her go. As I thought back to the spring when Shelbylyn first found out about Twilight and I bought the first book and read it first. She then decided she would try and read it. Now mind you this is the child that HATES to read and and struggles in school because it. So I'm sure that this huge book was daunting to her.
She read it in 4 days! So I got her the next one and the next one. And so went the summer. She read the first 3 at least twice a piece and possibly more. She was so relieved when the library called and said her name came up on the hold list for Breaking Dawn!
Shelbylyn has never read so much in her whole life. So I decided that since she did read the books I would reward her with a date night to the movies. Unfortunately no good movie popcorn though...darn braces!
So hopefully she will be surprised!

4 comments:

Carrie Stuart said...

How did you like the movie? We loved it!

Slattery's said...

I enjoyed it very much. I had to laugh every time the theater broke out in "oh's and ah's" when Edward or Carlislie would come on the screen. Of course I still think the books are amazing and I will see the movie again.

Living in oblivion said...

Hey! Twilight will be here on Jan 16th!!! I'm soo excited! I almost flew to S Korea to see it, but it wasn't on base and i couldn't find out for sure if there was English sub titles, i also wasn't sure if i wanted to see it first in Korean!!! You are soo lucky!! Carrie is here!!! How awesome is that?! Now, you just need to come visit us!! Serious!!! It will only cost you air fare and spending $!

Living in oblivion said...

I know!!! Would sooo love to have a real life Edward!!! LOL! Loved the movie and am seeing it again today at 4, 2 1/2 more hours!!! Ha! Vicki loved it too and is coming with me as well as any other kids in the hood that can come. :) Ed still wants to kill me for having to sit thru it! LOL!