On Thursday August 23, I received a called from President Noorda of the Stake Presidency. He asked if I was available to meet with him. My heart started racing and of course told him I could. We worked it out to meet that night at 9 p.m. at the Stake Center. Then he asked if my husband was available, I told him yes. President Noorda then told me to bring him along.
For the next few hours we speculated and thought about what Stake calling I could possibly be getting. How did someone in the Stake know of me? After all we have only lived here 8 months.
Finally it was time for our appointment. After the initial greetings out of the way, President Noorda spoke with Dan for two minutes tops in the high counsel room, and then asked for me to join them.
President Noorda asked why we were there that evening and I actually felt like I came up with a pretty good answer. Something along the line of "your going to give me an opportunity for many great blessings in my life". He agreed and then said that it would be a huge sacrifice as well. (I had no idea) Then he extended the call to Dan to be the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric for our ward. Then I think we went into shock. Wait...back up...this is a calling for Dan and not me? Well good thing I brought him along.
With our heads spinning we left the Stake Center shortly after that with still the dazed and confused look I am sure.
When we got home Dan called Brother Howard Hein and asked if he would be able to travel to Las Vegas an ordain him a High Priest on Sunday. Now mind you it's now Thursday night at about 10:30 p.m. Wyoming time. Brother Hein took a few minutes to think about it and called us back to let us know they would come.
We looked for a bit for airline tickets that night, what an expense, but one we were willing to pay. Sister Hein and I decided we should sleep on everything and we would make plans in the morning.
Dan and I went to the Temple for the 7 a.m. session, something we had planned even before the new calling. On the way home from the Temple Sister Hein called to tell us they had decided there was enough time for them to drive to us, and save alot of money. So they drove, taking the trip in two days. They arrived on Saturday around noon. It was a wonderful time having them here. It was much too short of a visit. Just around 26 hours in total!
Church on Sunday was wonderful. It was so nice to have our pew full to the brim. Brother Hein gave Dan such a wonderful blessing when he ordained him. Wonderful words. I will be eternally grateful that they made the journey to be with us for this life changing event.
0 comments:
Post a Comment